Microsoft Outlook is the versatile application of MS Office Suite that let users manage their personal information and allows them to communicate with others. Using this application users can handle email messages, tasks, contacts, appointments and many other activities. It creates two type of Outlook data files i.e., OST to store Exchange Server replica and PST format to store mailbox data. This is a brief overview of Outlook as it is a famous application so, users must be aware about it. In this blog, the main focus will be on how to save OST file as PST file in an efficient manner. As there are several reasons that due to which users become unable to open, read, and access the OST file. Thus, to overcome this problem of Outlook, a user is advised to export OST to PST file format.
When Users Save OST File as PST?
There are some particular scenarios in which saving OST file as PST format is the only solution. Now, all those situations are listed below in this section:
- Whenever an Exchange mailbox get deleted from the Server, the respective OST file becomes inaccessible.
- If a user is thinking of backing up Exchange Server mailboxes, then saving OST file as PST format is the best option.
- A user is having some unsaved data in the Outlook data file (.ost) and Exchange user wants to renew OST file. In such situation also, exporting OST to PST file is a good move.
- If there is some corruption in Exchange or server get crashed and there is an urgent requirement of emails, save OST file as PST and you are done.
- If a user is having an orphan OST file, then also one needs to export it PST to access OST file data.
Multiple Approaches to Know How to Save OST File as PST
There are several methods available that a user can try. However, manual approaches have some limitations so, both professional and manual method are discussed here. A user can make choice between them accordingly.
A Professional Way to Export OST as PST Format
If a user wants to use a third-party tool directly for guaranteed solution, then OST to PST Converter is the best choice. It is widely used by the users to convert any kind of OST file to PST format. It save all data items like emails, contacts, calendars, etc., to PST format. The software is capable to export corrupt, damaged, password protected, and encrypted OST file to PST format in no time. The software is compatible with all version of Microsoft Outlook and Windows OS. Thus, users will not face any compatibility issue.
Steps to Convert OST as PST Format via OST to PST Converter
1. First of all, download and install OST to PST Converter application on the local machine
2. After that, click on the Add File button to upload the OST file
3. Now, choose Select File option and click on the Browse button
4. Then, select the OST file and click on the Open button
5. Choose the Scanning Mode based on your requirement
6. As the scanning process completed successfully, the software will provide preview of all data stored in OST file
7. Click on the Export button to save OST file as PST format
8. In the Export type dialog box, choose PST radio button
9. Now, you can customize the conversion process by clicking on the Advance Settings button
10. After that, you can choose the destination location of your choice by clicking on the Browse button
11. At last click on the Export button and begin the conversion process
12. When the process is completed successfully, click on the OK button and exit the application
Know How to Export OST file to PST in Outlook By Using Manual Solution
If a user does not want to spend a penny on this, then it can be done with the help of Import/Export features of MS Outlook. Now, to do the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. To start the process, click on Files >> Open & Export >> Import & Export option
2. After that, choose Export to a file option >> Next button
3. Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option >> Next
3. Then, choose the folder that you want to save as PST format and then click on Next button
4. Next, click on the Browse button to select the location of resultant PST file. Select the any desired option for the duplicate items
5. At last, click on the Finish button to complete the process
Note: The method can be used only if a user is connected with Exchange Server.
Move OST File to PST Format via Archiving
Another possible way of converting OST file to PST format is with the help of archiving features also. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, open MS Outlook application on the local machine
- After that, click on the File >> Archive button
- Now, you need to select the file/folder that you want to archive by clicking on the Browse button
- At last, click on the Finish button
Note: It does not move contacts from OST to PST format.
Handling OST file is not always an easy task for Outlook user. Therefore, how to save OST file as PST is the most frequent search over the internet. Keeping this requirement of users in mind, multiple approaches to do the same are covered above. Have a look at them and choose between them accordingly.
Latest posts by Kunjal (see all)
- Want to Increase Your App’s Usability? Here Are 5 Ways That Can Help - August 24, 2019
- Reasons to Hire A Bookkeeper for Your Company - August 8, 2019
- 10 Ways to Find Inspiration for Writing - August 7, 2019